Friends of Garnish,
If you-or someone you know & love- are looking to join a fun team where you can contribute your creativity, hit us up!
Yup, we are looking for a wonder woman or superman--let's see if you are it! Garnish is a women's boutique featuring our own line of clothing, accessories, and jewelry; all of which are designed in-house and made locally. We believe confidence begins with the clothing you slip into each day. We believe in the power of style to project your true being in this world. We believe that style is an evolution and we exist to help our customers evolve to be the women they want to be. We are Garnish and we are looking for someone to help us shout our mantra to the world.
Why Garnish Wants You
- You are a gifted, natural, and confident salesperson who shines by helping women find the perfect pieces to highlight their figures and personalities including creating outfits and accessorizing women of all shapes, sizes, and ages.
- You believe that shopping should be a very personal experience, and you are famous for establishing lasting connections with customers, driving sales through caring service and a superb eye for style.
- You are fluent in the latest marketing trends and social media platforms; those you don't know you are thirsty to absorb.
- You relish responsibility, you are decisive, confident, and love to implement ideas (you feel that speed bumps are just that, things to overcome and move past).
- You are confident both accomplishing things on your own and also delegating and following up.
- You enjoy running the show!
Why You Want Garnish
- We welcome your ideas and energy in our creative, ever-changing work environment.
- We are driven by our love of fashion, the creative process, and by our customers.
- We are committed to using local resources and talent to produce beautiful, high-quality garments and jewelry for our in-house label.
- We offer competitive wages and sales bonuses, as well as a monthly clothing stipend, employee discounts and your birthday as a paid day off.
- We are located in the Pearl District, Portland's premier shopping and dining district.
- We are Garnish and we are pleased to meet you.
All the ways you’ll get to contribute to a thriving local, independent fashion brand:
Lead Sales Associate/Stylist
- Take excellent care of our customers by developing relationships with them and offering personalized "high-touch" service.
- Meet and exceed sales goals by serving as a stylist to customers, rather than a sales person, using your strong knowledge of the product, its fit, function, benefits, and coordinating items to drive sales. Help coach other team members to do the same.
- Take an active role in determining which products sell best and which don’t, partnering with the owner to set sales goals for the month and taking the lead on tracking those goals for yourself and the team.
- Develop and maintain an overall marketing calendar to plan and execute campaigns, newsletters, social media, blogging and press.
- Using that awesome marketing calendar you’ll create, you’ll generate beautiful content for our social media accounts (Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest) and blog that is consistent with our brand guidelines. You’ll send out our newsletters, planning content, writing copy and choosing photographs and layout, delegating when necessary.
- You’ll also use your analytical mind to track open rates, link trails, and analyze click-throughs, reporting back after each mailing.
- You’ll help to maintain our website by editing photos (it’s fun, and we can teach you if you don’t already know how!) and creating product descriptions.
- Graphic design skills? We’ll use ‘em if you got ‘em!
Let your creativity shine by keeping the shop looking fresh, designing and changing out window displays and remerchandising the store on a regular basis.
We’re a small team, and there are lots of responsibilities we share and collaborate on. Inventory management, customer outreach & email management are just a few.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Styling experience, social media and marketing savvy are musts, as well as extraordinary communication skills, both written and verbal.
Physical requirements include the ability perform the duties of a retail job including climb a ladder, stand for extended periods of time, and lift 25-50 pounds occasionally.
This is a part time position. Currently we need regular coverage on Tuesdays and Sundays, with the possibility for more days and the occasional night for private parties. We are a very small team and holidays are our busiest times, so coverage around those dates is generally required. All that said, we do our best to accommodate time off when needed, and we may be able to offer some scheduling flexibility for the perfect candidate.
Please present a resume, cover letter, and references IN PERSON at our Pearl boutique (404 NW 12th Ave. PDX, 97209) during business hours Monday, Wednesday, or Friday. We ask that you call ahead to make an appointment: 503.954.2292. Please understand that if we are working with customers we may ask you to wait a minute to have a brief chat with you. We look forward to meeting you!
Leave a comment